Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hawaii Five-0 - Episode 2.13 "Ka Ho' Oponopono" - Episode review

I must say I'm a bit disappointed at the moment. I was expecting more  from this episode. Instead of getting answers, we got more questions but let's see the details. 

First, instead of a hot, charming, sexy and good looking Steve McGarrett we got a tired, skinny one. 


What is it with him? Maybe he lost some weight or he was just tired but I really hope he's look will get better soon. I don't like him like this. I want the cute and handsome Alex back. 

We had some interesting teams this episode. I think the writers wanted us to have something different this time.


A good thing was having Steve and Kono teamed up again. They look really good together,  they make a good team.


The other team in this episode was Danny and Lori team. I'm not a big Lori fan but instead of having Steve teamed up with Lori I'd rather watch Danny work with her.  Look at them, they have the same height, both have blondish hair. 


Kono and Lori?  That's interesting.

Source

I was happy to see Steve's interrogation techniques again. It's true Danny told him "You're an animal" but I think he is getting used to McGarrett's Seal style, I guess he even likes it.


It was less screen time for Chin Ho this time and more for Joe.

I really don't understand Joe. Going home like nothing happened after being threatened on the highway? For God's sake, what was he thinking? He knew these guys are not street punks, he knew he has to watch himself.
  • Why would Joe help Hiro Noshimuri "fake his own death"?
  • Who is Hiro Noshimuri to Joe? 
  • Why is everyone afraid of Wo Fat?
  • Who is this  Wo Fat anyway?
  • How long does Joe think he can keep Steve away from the truth? 
  • Why is Steve still believe Joe is on his side? 
Somehow I don't understand how can Steve let Joe go back and forth between China and Hawaii, taking care of things his own way without telling him what is really going on. The most important thing for Steve McGarrett right now is to find out the truth about his parent's murder. Joe knows the answer, he's not telling him anything and Steve is doing nothing to get the truth out of him. I understand that Joe is like a father to him but still, this is not right.

On the other hand, season 2 is not as fun as season 1 was. We used to witness funny scenes with Kamekona, Grace, Rachel, we used to see them getting together to celebrate, to have a drink after work etc. Where are those days? Where is Kamekona, Grace and  Rachel? We haven't seen  Max either for a long time. This show used to be fun. No one is having a personal life these days. Chin Ho is married now but we haven't got one single joke about how his married life is. In season 1 we've seen Kono with that surfer guy, then there has been some love interest between her and that lab guy Fong, and now she is all alone, she doesn't even surf any more. Kamekona is a really funny guy, he used to have funny story lines but we haven't seen him either lately.

I don't know about you but for me this show is not what it used to be any more.

Now I'm going to read the reviews on TV Fanatic & Twitter and probably I'll be back with more comments.

In the meantime please feel free to comment. I would love to see what other #H50 fans think about the new episode.

Thanks for reading my review.

This episode left me with a sour taste in my mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment