Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hawaii Five-0 - Season 2, Episode 14 - Pu'olo - Episode Review


Great episode, I like it. We finally got some answers. Now let's see what happened.

Alex O'Loughlin looks good in this episode, which makes me glad. He's doesn't look so skinny and tired any more. 
The young McGarrett looks older in this episode than his picture we've seen earlier but he looks great.
I was glad to see San Min again. I know he's a criminal but he's got a unique style. I like him.
Kamekona was absolutely fantastic. It was great to have him back, finally. I love this guy, ads a bit of humor to the scenes.
Kamekona eating 5 Subway sandwiches? That was really great. I love Subway sandwiches but seriously? Who can eat 5 foot long  sandwiches? Only Kamekona in Hawaii Five-0 :). It was a really great scene, well written and played.
The other great scene was at that warehouse, when Kamekona broke the guy's glasses and explained to him he's not a snitch. I hope we will see Kamekona more in the future. It was also great to see Kono in action instead of Lori.
I'm glad we got the chance to see Adam Noshimori again, too shame it was dark.
From now on I'm going to write down the important conversations, so we can look them up any time.
  • Joe to Adam Noshimori: Old Chinese proverb: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Our mutual enemy is Wo Fat.
  • Adam Noshimori to Joe and Steve: I don't give a damn about him.
  • Steve to Adam Noshimory: You should, because he kills anyone who crosses him and gets in his way: your uncle Koji, his own lieutenant Victor Hess. You don't get it, do you? Adam, your father went from being a powerful ally into a loose end and he knew it was only a matter of time before Wo Fat went after him.
  • Joe to Adam Noshimori: And you. That's why your father asked me to help him fake his own death.
  • Adam Noshimori to Joe and Steve: He should have told me.
  • Joe to Adam Noshimori: He wanted to but he knew that will only put you in jeopardy as well. His fight will become your fight. So we had to make a choice: tell you the truth, risk your life or tell you a lie and keep you safe.  If you ask me, he choose wisely. 
  • Adam Noshimori to Joe: I need to see him. He wouldn't tell me where he is, but you are going to.
  • Joe to Adam Noshimori: No. I can't, I made Hero a promise.  What's important now is that you proceed as if your father is dead. No one can know he's alive but quietly we will make inroads into Wo Fat's organization until we find him and kill him.
  • Steve to Adam Noshimory: We just need to know if you are in or if you are out. 
I have to admit I was wrong. I was wishing Adam could work with Hawaii Five-0 and stay longer in the show but I've said  he's on the other side and this is not possible. I'm glad I was wrong. I'm sure he'll be in, he obviously would do anything to help his father stay alive.
As I see it, this will be a secret operation. Adam Noshimori is not exactly a saint and Hawaii Five-0 can't associate with known criminals.

The other important conversation took place in the cemetery between Steve and Joe.
  • Joe: On that day he made me promise that if anything would ever happen to him, I would look after you as if you were my own son. But I broke that promise.
  • Steve: What are you talking about Joe?
  • Joe: When your father started his investigation into the Yakuza he had no idea how far it would go or how dangerous it would get. Si that he was so paranoid, he wouldn't trust the people he was working with so he came to me, asked for my help, that's how Shelburn was born. 
  • Steve: You are telling me Shelburn isn't a person?
  • Joe: It's an alias, a code name we created to draw attention and fire away from your father's investigation to protect you and your sister. 
  • Steve: Ok, all right .. well if it was an investigation into the Yakuza then why is Wo Fat cares so much about Shelburn?
  • Joe: Because Shelburn killed his father.
  • Steve: And by Shelburn you mean my father.
  • Joe: No, it was me, I killed him. 
  • Steve: What happened? Who was he?
  • Joe: None of that matters now, what's past is past. One thing that I regret is that I caused you all this trouble. I promised to protect you from this and I didn't. All that I did by coming back it was making it worse. And that's why I have to leave. 
  • Steve: What are you talking about? ... No Joe, no you don't.
  • Joe: Yes, I do and you should know that better than anyone Steve. When your father died there was nothing you wouldn't have done to find the man you killed him. It's the same with Wo Fat, he's driven by revenge, nothing is going to stop him from coming after me.
  • Steve: Ok, fine, so we find him first and we are taking him down Joe, that's what we do.   
  • Joe: One day we will, we will but right now, as long as I'm here, yo and everyone you care about is in danger.  I'm sorry son.
For those 140 who voted, and for those who didn't: thank you for taking the time to vote. It was fun, even tough we had no luck guessing who Shelburn is. I'm posting the result here. 

A couple of days ago we had a conversation on TV Fanatic. I said maybe we are asking the wrong question, it's not about WHO, it's about WHY and I was right. I'm going to quote a part of my post here:
"With the Shelburn thing I guess we are asking the wrong question. I think the big question is WHY? WHY would someone go trough so much trouble (killing people)? What's the reason? Political power, drugs?"
Now we know Wo Fat is seeking revenge for his father's death, but the question is why was his father killed? At this point I think McGarrett Senior ran into some evidence about the Hawaiian Governor doing some illegal business with the Yakuza and obviously Wo Fat's father has been into this business as well. This business could be about drugs, human trafficking, political power... who knows. 
My guess is that Joe will disappear for some time, Steve is going to work secretly with Adam Noshimori (he could have valuable connections), they will go after Wo Fat, he's a killer after all. He might tell Chin about it but he'll definitely keep Danny out of it.

P.S. I hope my English is acceptable and got the conversations right :) Thanks for reading my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment