Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hawaii Five-0 - Season 2 Episode 19 - "Kalele" - Episode Review



At  the risk of repeating myself, I have to say again that this was an excellent episode!

First of all I'd like to say a few words about Alex O'Loughlin. We all know by now  he admitted he has a problem and therefore he is expected to miss filming for at least one episode while he undergoes treatment . 
The Australian-born actor, 35, is to "receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury," his rep says. Source
I felt no need to post about it. I respect his private life and I'm glad he gets the treatment he needs. I know he's not going to read this but I'm going to write this down anyway. Alex: get well and we're expecting you back a.s.a.p. We miss you!

And now let's see what we had last night.

Regardless of his problem, Alex looked better in this episode. I'm not saying he's the old Alex, he's more skinny  but he doesn't look so tired. He looked really great in that US Navy Seals T Shirt.


The first scene with Alex and Danny was really amazing. We got a shirtless Alex for a few minutes and of course a shirtless Danny but since only one is my favorite, the other meant nothing to me. Sorry Danny, no offense.  

If I were in the writer's shoes I would have written a better story line. I remember in the pilot the scene when they first met Kono. She punched a guy telling him: "Think twice before dropping in on someone's wave." Do you remember that? So Alex should have reminded Danny what the consequences are of dropping in on someone's wave :)

I was glad to see Mary again. I like her, she's a great actress and ads value to the show. What I don't like about her is her short hair. It doesn't suits her at all, she lost her femininity.  Otherwise she was great last night. Somehow I even felt sorry for her. She tries to put hes life back together but she always gets mixed up with the wrong crowd. Poor Mary, she's the black sheep of the family.


Fryer will always be Fryer, what can I say? He looks like a homeless sleeping under the bridge and acts like an elephant in a china store.  Mr. Fryer, force and power is not everything, sometimes it's best to use your brain (if you have any). :) Sorry. No matter how brutal he is, I like him and I even enjoyed his performance.


Chin and Kono were great as  always. At the end when Steve got the birthday cake, and Kono handed him over a slice, the look they have changed was absolutely amazing. There's an undeniable chemistry between them. The gun and the grenade cake was a really good idea.


This week's plot was excellent. I can't complain about it at all. The  old guy have fooled me, must admit. I've never thought he could be involved. When he wanted to take the diamond with him and Kono noticed it, I said "Once a thief always a thief" but otherwise I've never suspected the guy.  Well, I was right,  once a thief always a thief.

At the end I have a confession to make. After Lori left, I promised to myself I won't mention her again but today I think I have to brake that promise. I have to admit, since she left, the show is getting better and better each episode. No matter what the plot is about, no matter who is starring, it gets better and better. I just love it. Getting rid of that unnecessary  character was the best decision.

I hope I'm not the only one who enjoyed this episode. Now I'm going to read the comments on TV Fanatic.

Thank you for reading my review and of course,  please feel free to share your review here as a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment